Today, I finished up defoliation. The girls are looking very lush, and the tiny buds are gaining in size every day. I couldn’t be more pleased with how the grow is going. No sign of toxicities or deficiencies. No pest problems to speak of. I’ll be giving them one more watering with nutrients then after that administering a flush to clean out the medium.
The Buds have began forming. Started light defoliation, a few leaves every day for the next week. Trying to get light to all the bud sites on Nikita, and remove all the lower bud sites that won’t get any light on Big Bird. I’ll need to water again soon.
The Ladies got their nutes and water today. They are still stretching and the differences in height will be a nuisance at least. I am hoping to get around 2.5 ounces a plant, if not more. Each plant has 8 central bud sites, and a few strong secondary ones which should develop into big colas. Fingers crossed. Once they stop stretching I will begin some defoliation to allow light to get to the lower bud sites, especially on Nikita, whom I believe will be the big producer.
I have finished building the vegitative growth box. It is lit with 6 x 24w T5. I am unsure if the light will be sufficient to fully veg the plants, but if I have to let the next batch grow in veg a little in the Flower room it’s okay.
No significant work done on the girls, but they are really beginning to push. The next week and a bit should be interesting as the plant will start to fill up the room more. I raised the 400w hps a bit as Big Bird (on the right) was getting a little close. As a result I have also had to raise up Nikita so she gets optimal light. I am also giving foliar spraying in the morning and evenings with a diluted solution of bloom nutrients, but that will stop shortly as flowers begin to develop.
I have to wonder if the two plants are even the same cultivar (WW) as their structure differs so greatly. I suppose the could simply be drastically different phenotypes of the same cultivar. We will see further into flower how different the plants really are, and we will be able to surmise any differences in terpene profiles. I wouldn’t mind a little variety in bud, so different cultivars would be appreciated as long as flower times stay 8-9 weeks and yield/quality is good.
Day three of flower. The ladies were lollipopped a little on the first day of flower, which was probably a mistake. They received their first full dose of blooming nutrients having gotten half veg nutes, half bloom nutes last week. They are getting 400w of hps and should begin the push shortly.
The Blog has been inactive for some time. However, a recent foray into home growing has breathed new life into Statutory Vape. Over the next 3 months I will be documenting the process of flowering, harvesting and curing two Cannabis plants in my home grow room.
To bring you up to speed, the above two plants are White Widow by Crop King and are grown from feminized seeds. They are sitting in soilless mix and fed Botanicare organic nutrients with minor additions. The above photo was taken approximately 6 weeks from sprouting under 250 watt MH.
The girl on the left has been named Big Bird because she is taller and lankier than her sister. The shorter and stouter of the two is named Nikita. Both plants were topped three times during veg. Each of them also had a vigorous secondary branch topped as well. I fear that Big Bird will stretch alot, causing the canopy to be difficult to maintain. It will be interesting to keep an eye on growth and I will try to maximise quality and yield through various grow techniques.